BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Scary Question...



I'm serious. God asked me the same question this week and followed it up with big ole "Why?". I heard him in the stillness of my heart after I had been praying and contemplating some things.

For me, the answer has been yes.

I've heard it preached many times that our enemy can only gain ground in us in two ways 1. doubt and 2. fear. This morning our church leader, gave a very powerful message. He said this: If God allowed Jesus to go to the cross and allowed Paul to be put in prison, He sure doesn't mind allowing us to go through some troubles in order to teach us something. Perspective my friends. That is what I have been needing a major dose of.

Here is why I get afraid of the dark. I loose control...At least, I loose whatever control I perceived I had - because in reality, I have little control over very little. If I am who I call myself - a follower of Christ then I submit to His authority in my life. His authority is prompted by a deeper love and wisdom and understanding...need I mention PURPOSE...than I can grasp if I spent my whole life trying. To submit to Him is to trust Him - that no matter what He allows to come our way that it is for our good. AND, more importantly, it is for His glory. Which, should be our main concern. But, speaking from experience, my main concern becomes myself and why He isn't doing this or that. And why it isn't done in my timing. It SHOULD NOT be so scary to loose control. In fact, we should have to be put in a position where we feel we loose it. Control should be something we freely give if we truly believe God is who He says He is in His word.

After this most recent darkness in my life I have come to this conclusion. God does not allow the dark to bring us treasures. The treasures I will soon write of are the icing on the cake. God allows these dark times to make us MORE LIKE HIM. He never looses sight of the prize or what He allowed His son to be crucified for. He strips us down and causes us to bare our souls, first to ourselves, and then to Him. We must see ourselves for who we are and what we are, to truly understand who He is and what He has done for us. He disciplines us because of His deep love for us. We should not feel abandoned in those times (as I have been guilty of); we should know we are being deeply loved.

I say we embrace the dark seasons.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:8,11

1 comments:

Maria Duran said...

Testing, testing.