BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Treasures of Darkness

I have recently come out of one of the hardest seasons of my life. I hated being in it but appreciated it for what it was...After it was over! I'll be honest, I complained a lot and fought God a lot and for those reasons, the season probably lasted longer than it could have. God was busy filling my treasure chest and I was busy complaining about how dark it was. There are always treasures in the darkness.

Isaiah 45:3
I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the LORD,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.

God gave me this verse many years ago when I was very much struggling with anxiety and depression, and struggling to make my will prevail over God's. It was a hard season too. This verse was my shelter from the storms that raged against me. It was my promise that no matter how far I traveled into the valley of the shadow of death, God's purpose would prevail...AND that I would also receive revelation and blessing from the Lord in these darkest of times.

I am going to devote many blogs to sharing with you my treasures of darkness. These are to come soon, but for now I need to veg out with some netflix because I actually have some kid and husband free time on my hands. (Just being honest!)

0 comments: