BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jamaica Day 2

Yesterday was great. I cooked myself breakfast, enjoying the goodness of God manifested by lack of pregnancy sickness! That's right, my first day here, I had no nasuea. It was a miracle and it was what I had been praying for. I can only hope the same for today, but as you might have seen on facebook, my morning snack of fruit loops was found vulnerable by tiny sugar ants. I won't be eating them anymore.
My whole day was spent with my 4 1/2 year old godson, Kevaughn. Isn't that ironic since I always say I don't know what to do with boys :) Keisha was going to have to pay to put him in daycare...I could hear Jeremiah in my mind "you're there to minister to her, not just have fun". And so, off I went in a country I'm not used to with a boy I'm not used to. We took 3 taxis...Exchange to Ocho Rios...Ocho Rios to St. Anns Bay...St. Anns Bay up the mtn. to Bamboo where Mommy Collins lives. Then we walked the extra mile to the top of the mountain to see Mommy. We also ran into my other friends in Bamboo on the way. How I miss that mile walk. I got to witness the annual occourance of white butterflies. They only hatch one week out of the year, and though I'm here at the end of the week, there were still houndreds upon hundreds to be seen in the farmers' fields. Kevaughn and I saw lots of animals, quite the excitement for a 4 year old. And so the mile walk took twice as long because we had to marvel at each cow, goat, sheep, horse and donkey we passed :)
The time spent with Mommy was sweet. She is still the most solid woman I know. She is nearly to her 90's I believe, and she has only one leg left now. She is a widow and she has know much suffering. But she still cries openly when she thinks on the goodness of God. She blesses my coming and going with words of the Lord and wisdom. I saw her other family members, and people I consider family.
Kevaughn got restless so we headed down the mountain back to Ocho Rios. We ate lunch at Mother's (akin to McD.). There was a massive rainstorm coming so we hightailed to my friend Shadah's house. She wasn't home so I waited with her family and watched some Lifetime shows. I watch more Lifetime in Jamaica then any where else combined. They love that channel here. Shadah came and we talked for awhile. Kevaughn kicked one of his flip flops in to a neighbors yard and we counted it lost after a vigorous search. So, Shadah and I went to the market to get new "slippers" and some produce for Keisha's house. When we got back we saw Kevy had found his slipper. Oy vey.
Met Keisha in the city to get some more groceries. Taxied to her house. Cooked, ate, attempted sleep. Sleep is not something that comes easily as of late in general...And appareantly especially not here. Oh well, God is good and He is my strength not a good night's rest.
Much love until tomorrow.

0 comments: