BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 5, 2010

Jamaica Day 3

Good morning to all.
I finally got a good nights sleep. I don't know how, but I did and I'm not complaining. I even woke up early and went back to sleep for a bit. Praise the Lord.
I probably slept so well because I wore myself out yesterday. Yesterday (Day 3) I went to work with Keisha at Dolphin Cove. A really popular tourist attraction here. You can swim with dolphins, touch stingrays...etc. I didn't get to fulfill my life long dream of swimming with dolphins because I'm pregnant and dolphans can detect babies, as in they see like a sonogram. Crazy huh? Any how, I did get to have a dolphin jump out of the water and lay in front of me so I could touch her. She was beautiful and a full blooded Jamaican dolphin :) I held a stingray and snorkled. I kayaked and rode in a mini motor boat. I got some sun and payed and arm and a leg for some amazing all-you-can-eat Jamaican buffet, because I was famished. I participated in the entertainment and won a picture frame for saying "where are you going" in an almost perfect Jamaican dialect :) Then it started raining. I could see it coming down th coast from Ocho Rios. So I waited about an hour until it passed and left. God blessed me with a nice tour bus driver (air conditioning) who took me into Ochi. I shoped at the open markets and got my kids and mother-in-law their presents. I ate some beef patties because I was starving, again...The avoidables of pregnancy! Then I decided to walk to my friend Shadah's house to see if she was home because I don't think I'll have much time to go for visiting today. Then, when I could do no more, I walked to the taxi depot and came home. I showered and it felt SO good. Then I basically kept myself awake for 2 hours because it didn't seem right to go to bed at 6 o'clock. Keisha was beat too, from the long day at work. She works as a videographer for when people are swimming with the dolphins and such. A lot of walking up and down in the sun and rain. I am learning from the staff there that the staff isn't taked care of too well. No allotted breaks, and no where for the staff to buy inexpensive food or get some water. It's crazy.
Now I am up and at 'em with a nice bowl of fruit loops in my stomach. That's right. I ate the ant infested fruit loops! I set the out side for a bit and the ants left.
Today I am going with Keisha to pay off her debts, and the water bill. Then I am traveling up to Mommy Collins in Bamboo to stay my last night and spend time with my friends there. I don't know if I'll get to blog more before I leave...If not, I'll update tomorrow night when I am home. I miss my hubby and my kids. Strangely enough, I miss Jeremiah more. This is where I fell in love with him 4 years ago, not because he was here, but because he wasn't here with me and I missed him so much I realized life isn't as good when he's not with me. And, so I am reminded again of my need for my better half :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic post! hope you continue to enjoy your stay!
thomas satcher