BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jamaica Day 5...Heading Home

Day 5 was a half day there and a half day here...Here a half day, there a half day, everywhere a half day. Kidding.
I got up early after another unsuccessful night of sleep. I am comforted by Paul's words in 2 Cor. 6:5...he writes that as servants of God we give ourselves to God "in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger". I spent time with Mommy Collins before I left. Andre, my Jamaican brother, cooked me breakfast. He has such a servant heart. I love chatting with Mommy. I stand corrected on her age as she is on 80. It was Daddy Collins who was the oldest. Mommy's passion for the Lord is so beautiful. She has one leg and a bum shoulder and says "I can't help but hope better days are coming". I love it. She prayed over me before I left and that had to be one of the best parts of the trip.
At the Montego Bay airport and was continually ripped off in order to feed myself and my sweet unborn child :)
The flight home was seemingly long, but only 2.5 hours. I was restless and ready to see my family.

Jeremiah and I stopped and got Scarlet a mini cake and balloons for her birthday. My kids were out in the yard playing when I got home. I promised myself I wouldn't cry when I saw them so they wouldn't get confused and think I was sad. I managed not to cry, but seeing them run toward me screaming "mommy!" was priceless. I couldn't stop snuggling with them all night. I immediately gave the girls their presents from abroad and we had cake. After the girls were in bed I could barely keep my eyes opened so I crashed.

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig.

Reflections on my mini vacation soon to come.

0 comments: