BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jamaica Day 1

Well, I've been on the island for half a day. I have recquainted with my old friends, the mosquitos. Just to show me how much they missed me they sucked my blood all night long :) I was told that I shouldn't use bugspray while pregnant because it has Deet. But I'm fearing low blood supply may be worse than Deet poisening. Kidding. I sat next to a really sweet couple on the flight yesterday. They made time pass because I was all restless with excitement. The flight was delayed because all of AirTrans computer systems went down and we had to wait until they were up since we were an international flight. Good times! So, I finally land and I find my ride, Dillon. He is an awesome, God-fearing man. We talked about our lives and the goodness of God for over 2 hours on the trip into Ocho Rios. I arrived at Keisha's house tired and famished. The true signs of a traveling pregnant woman. So, we walked to the store (about 10 feet up the street) and I bought some groceries, which I will go cook straight after this. I went to bed early but probably didn't sleep until 1 ish. Did I mention that in Jamaica everyone stays up late. When I first layed down there were at least 5 different radio stations being blasted in all directions around the house...A few men singing along. And taxis honking their horns as they sped past. A sure sign that I was home. Although, I'm not used to sleeping with noise so it took me a bit to really sleep. I feel rested though, thanks God! And, I don't feel really nasueasous as I have. Praises all around. More writing tomorrow about my day today.
Blessings to all and peace on you.

2 comments:

Fibia said...

So glad you arrived safely! Have a great time, please give Mommy a big kiss and hug for me!

Anonymous said...

So everyone here puts white vinegar out in the room they are in and it keeps away mosquitos. It is worth a try. Love you and am praying for you.
Mandy